We are pleased to announce that John Kendall has been appointed the new Chief Architect at Niteworks.
Working to the Technical Director as part of a small Core Technical Team, the Chief Architect is a key role in support of project delivery and assurance. The Chief Architect has specific responsibility for technical matters relating to system architecture, enterprise architecture and architecting across Niteworks activities.
This includes providing appropriate architectural methods, tools and techniques and advising projects on their correct use.
Although the role has a technical focus it is very people-centric being concerned primarily with the provision of support to project teams in the pursuit of high-quality results. The role also involves engaging directly with MOD architecture policy and practice functions.
Frontis performed an Enterprise Architecture assurance task on a large Information Assurance project. We analysed their MODAF-based EA Framework and their governance processes, and ensured that they were in-line with the customer’s specifications and that the solution development was carried out in a structured and coherent manner. After the study Frontis provided the Chief Enterprise Architect to coordinate the development of the technical solution and build the business architecture across all workstreams (technical, business change, implementation and service support).
We have extensive experience in the definition and implementation of architecture frameworks and architecture governance, as well as the creation of architectures. We can provide architects as well as the skills required for managing teams of architects (business, technical, service) ensuring the development of coherent architectures which fulfil the business requirement and answer the ‘so what?’ question. We have defined and implemented Architecture Strategy and lead architecture teams for a number clients including large transformation projects.
Our capabilities include:
- Development of strategy and governance; analysis of the business, systems and strategic requirements; coordination of users, architects and analysts; production of architectures and risk models to support transformation and performance, cost, time optimisation.
- Experience with many Frameworks such as, MODAF, TOGAF, NAF, DNDAF, DODAF, ITIL, CMMI and Zachman; and Methods such as UML, BPMN and SysML.
- Experience of working with relevant Security and IA standards such as SABSA, HMG IS1, EISA, JSP 440 and ISO27001.
- Experience with many EA and Systems Engineering Tools such as MooD, Mega, System Architect, Enterprise Architect.
- Ensuring project adherence to relevant systems engineering standards and policies: for example ISO 15288, ISO/IEC 42010 (Systems Engineering).